Moving in and moving out
If you’re a new customer, there are several ways to set-up your account:
- Online – by completing this account set-up form.
- Mobile app – download our mobile app to manage your account on the go.
- Phone – if you prefer, you can call our customer care team who’ll be happy to set-up your account for you. Just call: 0808 143 3633
What information do we need from you?
When setting up your account, we’ll ask you to provide the date when you took responsibility for managing the heating bills.
- If you own the property, this will be your completion date.
- If you’re renting, this will be the date on your rental/tenancy agreement.
We’ll also ask about any arrangement to lease or sub-let your property, as well details of any tenant or sub-letter.
- This will be the date you started your business lease.
To set up your account, we’ll also require the following information:
- Personal information – including your name, email address, contact phone number, address, and communication preferences.
- Payment details – including your bank details for direct debits.
- Your meter reading.
If you’re moving out, please complete our moving out form and send it to us at least 14 days before you leave so we can close your account on time. Alternatively, please call our customer care team who can complete this for you. Please note, you’ll need to send us a meter reading as part of the moving out form.
We’ll check the final meter reading on the day you move out and use that to produce your final bill. You’ll need to provide us with a forwarding address, as we may need to contact you about your account after you have moved.
Your final bill will be sent within six weeks of your moving date. If we can’t send you a final bill within six weeks, we’ll explain why and send it within 31 days of the date when we have all the information we need. If there’s any credit on your account when it’s closed, we’ll refund this to you within 10 days of issuing your final statement.